Thank you for choosing to use Our Products and services.
Hammer Security operates the https://hammer-security.ca website, and the Hammer android app, which provides security to the user and the user’s phone.
This page is used to inform users regarding our policies with the use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Website and/or the app. We hope you have a clear understanding of how we use information at the end of this document.
DISCLOSURES AND CONSENTS
Hammer app requires the use of SMS texts in some scenarios. Standard data and messaging charges apply.
Pictures and audios sent to the Emergency Contacts of the users’ choice will be uploaded to Hammer’s server, sent to their Emergency Contacts and deleted after a 3 days.
To provide users with their phone’s latest location, Hammer’s database collects this data, and is replaced each time the user’s phone uploads a new one (no location history is collected, and this location is not used for anything else than its sole purpose of providing the user with their latest device’s location).
Emails are collected only if the user signs up on the app, and it is only used so the user can have remote access to their device through https://hammer-security.ca/signin. Email and passwords are encrypted and protected by Firebase, a Google LLC platform.
In order to use Hammer app, users must consent to: (a) the use of the user’s devices’ location to provide Hammer’s Services to the user, and (b) pay operator data, messaging, and other fees resulting from Hammer’s Services usage.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
• Email address: Allows users to login to the website and remotely control their phone.
• Latest location from the user’s phone: Is provided to the user every time he/she logs in to the website.
• Pictures & audios from the user’s phone: To provide them to the user, or the user’s emergency contacts. Pictures & audios are deleted after 3 days of their creation (3 days remain in the server to ensure Emergency Contacts have access to the media during this time).
Hammer takes care of your information as if it were their own. They do not profit from your information, and it keeps only the necessary information to provide its services.
PROTECTION OF DATA
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we use the best commercially available means of protecting it.
We use Google AdMob’s mediation platform to show ads. AdMob’s policy can be found here.
Hammer is the only security app that allows you to track your phone even if it is “off”. This is a big challenge, and the only way to accomplish this, is by requiring some sensitive permissions.
Here is the list of the permissions needed as well as the explanation of why this permission is needed:
- Accessibility: The app’s usage of accessibility is only for Fake Shutdown and Lock Screen. Hammer does not collect nor does it send any information.
- Read notifications: To exit Fake Shutdown with SMS: HS1 STOP
- Display notifications: To show Panic Button accessible notification
- Device Admin: Required for Fake Shutdown / Intruder Selfie
- Camera: [Not mandatory but suggested] To send pictures either to your Emergency Contacts or to request pictures of your device from the website https://hammer-security.ca/signin
- Location / Background location: [Not mandatory but suggested] To send your location either to your Emergency Contacts or to retrieve it from the website https://hammer-security.ca/signin
- Read contacts: [Optional] To easily add Emergency Contacts. You can deny this permission and add your Emergency Contact manually.
- Send SMS: Required to send SMS to your Emergency Contacts during emergencies.
- Make and manage phone calls: We do not make any phone calls, but this permission is somehow required by Android to send SMS. The Send SMS permission is not enough.
- Microphone: [Not mandatory but suggested] To send audio recordings either to your Emergency Contacts or to request audios of your device from the website https://hammer-security.ca/signin
- Storage: To store audios / pictures / videos and send them to your Emergency Contacts or to your email.
- Battery no estrictions: To let your system know that Hammer should always be running on the background.
- Autostart (for some devices): This permission is only required for a few devices. It lets your system know that Hammer can autostart at any time. This allows Hammer to work properly.
Last modified on November 10, 2021.